Location: New York City
Industry: Information Technology – Computer Software
Job Category: Information Technology – Developer
Building a leading information-based technology company on a mission to help customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. Guided by our shared values, our client thrives in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued and believes that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results.
API Integration Engineer, Manager
Is designing and implementing well-crafted web APIs your passion? Do you love integrating systems using modern APIs? Is communicating with developers and product managers to coordinate complex integrations interesting to you? Is contributing to open-source something you deeply care about? Do you enjoy writing code in multiple languages, leveraging various data-storage and processing systems? Do you consider building containerized applications, setting up CI/CD pipelines, and understanding cluster orchestration part of a job description for a software engineer? …then you have found a great place for the next step in your career!
The person we’re looking for:
- has a sense of intellectual curiosity, a burning desire to learn and adopt new technologies
- is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- has great communication skills, and cares about working with external and internal developer communities
- is obsessed with designing developer-friendly RESTful APIs (Hypermedia FTW!)
- believes that good software development includes good testing, good documentation, and good collaboration
You might notice that there’s no mention of specific programming languages or frameworks. That’s because your commitment to learn new things is every bit as important to us as what you have already done. Maybe even more so because we don’t want to be doing the same thing tomorrow that we’re doing today. You accept change, want to grow, and evolve into a better member of the team. But just in case, here are some buzzword-worthy tools and technologies we currently use: Docker, microservices, APIs, Node, Go, Jenkins, Kubernetes.
- Design: solutions using API-driven style, leveraging microservice architecture.
- Code: in multiple languages (currently: Node and Go, predominantly) well-tested and secure solutions.
- Communicate: with internal and external communities to help integrate complex systems.
- Contribute: Commit features & code to the open source projects.
- Represent: Share our good work with technical & open source communities.
- Encourage: Enable our diverse, inclusive & customer-centric culture.
- Bachelors degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience developing in at least two programming languages.
- 3+ years in developer evangelism and API integrations
- 3+ years of experience with DevOps environments, tooling, and services
|Job Category||Information Technology - Security, Banking, Banking & Finance, Finance, Information Technology, Technology|