C# WPF WCF Software Developer – Prime Brokerage Technology – NY
The position is a client-facing software development role for a prime brokerage within a mid-size investment bank. The role is roughly 30% support and 70% development. You would be joining a small team with ambitious objectives but in a relaxed working environment. The development will be focused on order management and real-time profit and loss systems. The role involves directly supporting internal and external clients. As such, excellent communication skills and a client-focused attitude are a must.
Looking for a person who works well with the team but is capable of independently accomplishing tasks of moderate to large scope and complexity. The candidate must have excellent analytical skills, and the ability to work quickly and effectively under time pressure, when needed, such as when resolving production problems.
The ideal candidate would demonstrate a passion for software development and quality assurance and be familiar with the recent trends in technology.
We’re looking for a mid to senior level software developer, with strong, recent working knowledge of C#, WPF, WinForms and SQL.
• Familiarity with test-driven development and the relevant tools are required.
• The candidate must have excellent communication skills, as he or she would in a client-facing role.
• Financial knowledge is helpful, but not mandatory.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related
• Excellent communication skills
• Minimum of 5 years of software development experience
• C#: minimum 5 years
• WPF: minimum 2 years
• SQL, specifically with MS SQL Server
• WinForms, WCF and web services
• Strong Multi-threading
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming and design patterns.
• Strong computer science knowledge
• Automated testing
|Job Category||Banking, Banking & Finance, Finance, Information Technology, Technology|