Control and Risk Office Business Analyst – Capital Markets – contract – midtown NYC
Highlights of department: Global Markets is a business within the Global Banking and Markets area. The successful candidate will be providing support to the Fed Order which requires bank to provide a plan and execute on a program to remediate any gaps in bank’s control framework which manage Sales and Trading Conduct Risk. The Program will extend into the next financial year with planning and implementation of the remediation being executed.
- Help confirm the scope of the program and confirm the completeness of items identified for remediation;
- Collate documents, data and associated MI to support an assessment of the design effectiveness and adequacy of the controls in place to mitigate/ manage the identified risks. The assessment should include a review to ensure adherence with firm policies in place;
- Work with traders and infrastructure staff to design a set of controls as part of a Conduct Framework to address gaps identified during the assessment process;
- Work with Sales and Trading stakeholders and the appropriate infrastructure teams, including Technology, to define an implementation plan and determine how the implementation can be optimized and/ or phased to put effective controls in place efficiently. Identify appropriate technology solutions to enhance control and determine where interim tactical solutions are required;
- Remediate the enhancement actions/conduct action plans specific to Supervision and Policy & Procedure change as the Action Delivery Lead
- Work with the Head of Governance for Global Markets supporting the administration and review of new and/or changes to Policy and Procedures impacting the Front Office including tracking the implementation effectiveness.
- Draft clear and concise procedures which provide effective guidance for sales and trading and design training to communicate and reinforce procedure change.
- Ensure all assessment, design and implementation activities engage an appropriate and complete set of stakeholders across relevant product groups and supporting infrastructure functions and are performed within the defined scope of the program and support its objectives;
- Ensure adequate delivery plans are defined and agreed with the relevant stakeholders, ensuring planning is performed at the appropriate level such that all stakeholders involved in the production of deliverables are engaged and clearly understand how their contribution meets the objectives and benefits targeted by the wider program;
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE (in order of importance)
- Bachelor’s or equivalent University degree
- Business Analyst/PM experience (at least 5 years relevant experience in IB Front Office environment);
- Evidence of a successful track record delivering change in an IB Front Office environment;
- Has experience of delivering non-technology driven Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent written skills and experience of drafting policies and procedures;
- Good communication skills and ability to operate at multiple levels;
- Attention to detail;
- Has experience of managing senior stakeholders and ability to build strong relationships;
- Collaborative style with ability to quickly build trust and credibility;
- Good understanding of project management and business analysis best practices, methodologies
- and the project lifecycle;
- Strong delivery focus.
- IB Sales & Trading experience including an understanding of conflicts of interest, trading controls,
- control frameworks, risk management & regulatory demands;
- MS Excel/ PowerPoint.
- Confident and able to communicate at all levels;
- Able to multi-task and prioritize;
- A proactive, self-starter, who is can be relied upon to act on initiative;
- Can do’ attitude with a willingness to roll-up the sleeves in order to get things done;
- Manages to balance structure & best practice versus pragmatism;
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and
procedures that apply to the conduct of the business activities associated with the role.
- Non-Functional Testing (Performance testing) including Performance Testing tools
- Accessibility Testing
|Job Category||Banking, Banking & Finance, Finance, Information Technology, Regulation, Technology|