Disaster Recovery Analyst
New York City
Local Candidates Only
Our client looking for a Disaster Recovery (DR) analyst who will be responsible for:
• Liaise with the IT technical staff to ensure disaster recovery solutions are prepared, acceptable, maintained, and tested as part of a consistent operational life cycle
• Liaise between departments and vendor for conducting DR events
• Work with Procurement on contract amendments to ensure all hardware changes are done rightly and in a timely manner
• Convene & manage meetings – agenda, participants, deliverables – to ensure important issues are aired and resolved
• Develop metrics and reporting dashboards to communicate status, dependencies and risks of various DR activities.
• Support disaster recovery testing through documentation of plans and test plans, identifying program needs, and maintaining artifacts
• Provide business support by analyzing & tracking identified gaps and issues through resolution, demonstrating consistently high-level responsiveness and customer care
• Work closely with Business continuity and risk management team members to continually mature and improve the response to disruptive events
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and proven analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction and under pressure with tight deadlines
• Demonstrate proficiency with MS Project Management; MS Excel; and other Microsoft tools such as WordPower Point and Visio
• Ability to speak in front of a user group and clearly describe how business functions are executed from within the department.
• Ability to orchestrate an end user meeting with the goal of gathering requirements, gaining consensus between parties on business issues, taking and publishing meeting minutes, creating and presenting deliverables for review.
• Knowledge of IT infrastructure operations
• Experience with large enterprise application backup and recovery strategies
• Basic knowledge standard database systems (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server), operating systems (e.g., Windows, AIX and LINUX), storage area networks, IP-Networks and data communication
• Strong understanding of standard SDLC methodologies
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering or a related field and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to information technology service management, process management, operations;
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to information technology service management, process management, operations;
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above.
|Job Category||Information Technology - Security, Finance, Information Technology, Technology|