Equities Product Control Analyst
Contract – 1 Year
Local Candidates Only
Job Description: Product control department is looking for a consultant to oversee the near shore team supporting the North America Core Prime Brokerage and Client Derivatives businesses. Company’s Prime Brokerage is a leading provider of clearing and custody, financing, securities lending, client technology and customized reporting services to hedge fund clients and asset owners globally. The candidate will support the following businesses:
- Equity Prime Brokerage/Finance
- Structured Notes
- OTC Derivative
- Cash Equities
This role manages has oversight functions over near-shore team supporting above mentioned businesses and provides all relevant reporting and analysis of financial metrics (P&L, Attribution, Various control functions, etc.) to the business and Finance management.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- A good understanding of the equity business and functions related to product control which includes understanding of the P&L process, P&L explain process and performing various controls.
- Provide value-add analysis to business/client and Senior Finance management on weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- Provide meaningful commentary on the P&L drivers on a daily basis. Explain the attributes of the daily profit & loss (P&L) based on underlying risk components
- Partner with various support groups to help facilitate the daily BAU process. Act as a liaison between Finance and Front Office to analyze the accuracy of trade / position valuations.
- Take full ownership of the daily P&L process and perform oversight function for near-shore team.
- Be able to Research and resolve P&L discrepancies between Front Office and Finance which will include working with Operations, the Trading Desk, IT, Financial Reporting, and Market Risk Control.
- Perform daily due diligence for new trades and explain any difference between estimates vs actual P&L.
Month End responsibilities will include:
- Assist in tie-out to General Ledger and deliver final month end P&L briefing reports.
- Monthly Commentary.
Project and Other Responsibilities:
- Document and maintain our Groups’ policies and procedures.
- Preparation of P&L reports and analysis. Examples include business review and ad hoc requests from the Front Office.
- Attend to internal/external audit and regulatory inquiries.
- Sponsor and help with delivery of strategic change projects and its implementation.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Strong analytical skills required and ability to multitask.
- Ability to build relationships and partner with staff at all levels, including senior management.
- Must have good communication and writing skills. Self-starter and highly motivated.
- Sophis knowledge is a nice to have, if Sophis knowledge exists should know the system and understand how the system works for calculating P&L and Attribution.
|Job Category||Banking & Finance, Finance|