Java Web Developer/Architect
We are looking for a Java, Web developer for new development and maintenance of a Financial Management System (FMS). The system is developed with internal and external Vendor resources.
Technical knowledge should include Java and J2EE, Web based development and UNIX based scripting (mainframe knowledge is a plus).
In addition to developing/modifying software components, configuring third party software, packaging code for deployment, troubleshooting technical application issues across environments, and performing-ad-hoc technical tasks as directed by the manager of the FMS Application development group, the candidate will also conduct technical reviews of peer work, prepare formal evaluations of vendor deliverables and author technical designs.
Candidate will also be required to be part of a rotation for nightly production support (on call) every few weeks. The details of the position responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure that the FMS application software, as designed and developed, meets all functional and technical requirements by conducting reviews and formal evaluations of the application architecture/technical solutions and development work for quality, completeness, and adherence to internal and industry standards for Web-based development;
- Develop new components and enhancements to the suite financial management systems in the FMS suite of applications adhering to all accepted development standards.
- Identify, review and analyze vendor deliverables to ensure that they meet key technical/non-functional requirements for the performance, operability, and maintainability of the application software.
- Serve as an escalation point for the resolution of production application issues when application issues are encountered in the software: 1) during the online day by users, and 2) support staff and in the evening during the execution of the batch cycle.
- The candidate will similarly support software testing tracks in non-production application environments by providing batch cycle and technical software support.
- Design and Execute technical tests as necessary to ensure that vendor and internal software deliveries address the business and technical problems in a manner consistent with internal standards for quality and completeness.
- Review and provide feedback on functional business designs in terms of technical feasibility and impact on performance, operability, and maintainability – and completeness of solution;
- Support internal Business Units by helping to troubleshoot job flow and application execution problems during the simulation and production executions of FMS business events. The same assistance will be performed as end user software issues are reported and escalated to development by level 2 user support teams.
- Gather production operation requirements and incorporate the requirements into the products authored by the internal development team.
- Coordinate with the Financial Systems Production Operations Units to implement new software processes into the staging and production environments.
- The candidate is expected to be able to work independently and interact with other Financial system team members including Operations, Business Unit and Testing as directed by the FMS Development Team lead.
- Experienced as a Developer / Architect on at least (2) full life cycle project iteration.
- Designing and developing large scale architecture consisting of distributed services and applications executing in UNIX based Java/Web applications and using Java EE with Oracle as the primary DB.
- Good understanding of Oracle structures for processing and performance-based applications
- Thorough understanding of advanced SQL programming and performance techniques. (e.g., ability to write and troubleshoot anonymous SQL blocks and stored procedures and author complex SQL for troubleshooting and production purposes). Candidate should be proficient in authoring quality SQL which takes advantage of Oracle performance features and facilities.
- Proficiency in using and navigating in UNIX. This should include intermediate to advanced UNIX commands, understanding directory structures, permissions schemes and the ability to piece together useful tools from basic UNIX commands. Advanced in developing new and modifying existing shell scripts. Proficiency in Korn Shell.
- Strong Java programming skills including the development and analysis of Java classes, EJB’s, MDB’s. Should also understand how to create a complete Java or J2EE application including all supporting configuration components for deployment (.EAR, WAR., CLASSPATH, Deployment Descriptors etc.).
- Good understanding of standard SDLC methodologies
- Background in accounting and budgeting packages is a plus.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in Mainframe development (JCL, CICS, TSO, COBOL, DB2) is a plus.
Extensive Experience in:
Technologies and Frameworks
plus++ Financial ERP (any)
plus++ IBM Rational Application Developer
JMS, Messaging Driven Beans (MDB,-EJB)
IBM WebSphere 8.5 + (proficient in WAS interaction with apps)
Software and Task Management
plus++ Rational Clearquest, Rational Clearcase, BMC Remedy
|Job Category||Banking & Finance, Finance, Information Technology, Technology|