Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) Developer
Contract: 6 Months – Targeting Mid-October Start Date
New York City, New York
Local Candidates Only (Temporarily Remote due to COVID-19)
- QRM Developer joining the IRRBB Change Programme, as part of the Change Management team delivering the transition to a new global QRM solution.
- Manage incremental change as a result of emerging business and regulatory requirements and market practices
- Provide input into project working groups, and contribute to cross-regional/functional discussions
- Adhere to the project governance framework and ensure all model updates/methodology changes are approved and signed off prior to introducing them to QRM
- Identify key dependencies, requirement in terms of data and QRM/other tools configurations
- Review completeness and accuracy of input data
- Prepare testing approach, test scripts and work with ALCM teams to support user acceptance testing
Impact on Business
- Responsible for delivering tasks to achieve the objectives/requirements set out in the project scope
- Establish and deliver assigned workstreams deliverables
- Requirements gathering, data translation and delivery throughout the project life cycle ensuring use of appropriate tools and techniques for the context and application of the required standards
- Apply Agile concepts to ways of working where appropriate
- Manage detailed definition of system requirements, including configuration and testing approach
- Draw on a broad experience of the opportunities technology provides in order to design quality solutions to business challenges and deliver benefits.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Influence and collaborate with stakeholders, to build consensus and shape change outcomes.
- Build and manage key relationships with internal and external senior stakeholders
- Understand stakeholders’ objectives, direction, priorities and challenges, managing and addressing concerns and objections
- Foster open communication which anticipates stakeholder expectations.
- Champion and embed outstanding service and customer advocacy
- Facilitate interaction with HOST development team to ensure initial business requirements are understood and to sustain collaboration around any required changes and implementation planning.
- Work across other key stakeholders including Risk, Finance, Business and GFOC functions at Group and Regional Level, and Global Finance Change driving change where required
Leadership & Teamwork
- Challenge design decisions when/where appropriate
- Provide direction to delivery partners
- Promote a culture of continuous innovation, challenge the business on approach and apply knowledge of relevant latest developments
- Act as a role model to create and maintain a collaborative team environment which supports on the job learning and self-driven development
- Promote learning and development with a focus on key areas such as new methodologies
- Promote the Group’s Values and strategy by adopting ways of working which maintain team engagement
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Apply an understanding of good governance and implement effective systems design and development standards
- Contribute to the requirements management processes and design detailed business solutions based on requirements; challenge business intent in a constructive manner
- SME Knowledge – the role requires detailed knowledge of the QRM software, ALCM function and reporting requirements and must have a good understanding of approaches, tools and techniques for gathering, clarifying and managing complex change projects
- Ability to write simple MS SQL queries, manipulate/analyse large data sets
- Prioritisation Decisions – Balancing strategic Finance Change Delivery objectives with large amount of new, volatile regulatory requirements in a cost-constrained environment. Managing potentially conflicting agendas, priorities and timelines across functions (inside and outside Finance) as well as across geographic and regulatory jurisdictions
- Industry knowledge – The role holder must demonstrate robust business knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the industry, the functional area and other relevant areas such as technology, data and methodology.
- Stakeholder complexity – The role holder must manage multiple stakeholders across organisation boundaries to ensure project plans are developed and executed, requirements are gathered and designs agreed, dealing with different interests and resolving conflicts. Poor requirements and design decisions must also be challenged.
- The role has been created to contribute to the delivery of Global Finance Change Delivery initiatives and to ensure change delivery in a globally consistent, coherent and effective manner
- The role holder will develop and execute tasks that will provide the business with effective solutions that take into account Group strategy and the challenges or risks that the Group faces
- The role holder will operate at an SME level and engage a wide spectrum of stakeholders across the bank. A key element of this role is to manage senior relationships in Finance, Risk, HOST and the business
- The role holder will work effectively across multiple initiatives simultaneously
- The role holder will work with a large cross-functional team that delivers complex transformational and important regulatory change.
- The role will require co-ordination of teams/activities across multiple global regions.
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take into account the likelihood of operational risk events, and by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department
- The role will support the implemention of the Operational Risk control framework and per the BRCMs – “Three Lines of Defence”.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Observe and promote the use of the Group’s preferred programme management methods/tools.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators
Knowledge & Experience/Qualifications
- Expert knowledge of the QRM software
- Ability to use MS SQL/Oracle & write basic data queries
- Significant experience within the ALCM function, including in-depth knowledge of the existing processes and solutions in place for regulatory reporting
- Exceptional drive, motivation and commitment and focus in operational excellence
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with proven ability to handle multiple outputs at the same time
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, with proven experience of communicating effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group in a complex global environment
- Outstanding relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $750.00 – $825.00 per day
|Job Category||Banking, Banking & Finance, Information Technology, Technology|