Bend, Oregon (Remote)
Contract: 6 Months
The UX/UI Designer is responsible for the overall process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts and photos. He/she should have experience working in agile teams with developers and copywriters and must be able to make deliberate design decisions translating any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate cross-functionally and enthusiastically with project management and developers to ensure an effective development process
- Conduct comprehensive stakeholder and customer interviews to uncover requirements and UX challenges
- Develop user personas, storyboarding, user journeys, wireframes, sitemaps, workflows and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Conducting usability testing
- Creating product prototypes and iterated based on feedback
- Analyzing user feedback and activity, and iterating to enhance the user experience
- Assisting with content development
- Conducting competitor and customer analysis
- Ability to effectively manage time while working on multiple assignments with guidance as to relative priorities of assignments.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management, technical support colleagues, and software developers
- AWS experience and certification is a plus
- Present and defend your design decisions to clients. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (e. color theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Continually stay up to date with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
- Create new print ready graphics, flyers, brochures and signage
- Create compelling graphics for social media and web use.
- Understanding of the printing process and specifications
- Familiarity with production and rendering methods, including drawing, offset printing, photography, interactive media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Advanced degree in design, fine arts or related field (or equivalent graphic design experience)
- Minimum of 12 months experience with UX research and design
- Proven track-record of hands-on user-interface design and research
- Must possess proven experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc
- Expert level proficiency with common design software, in particular adobe XD and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
- Receptive to objective criticism and have the ability to improve upon it
- Must have creative ability, and a problem-solving mindset
- Must be efficient and have a keen eye for aesthetics and details
|Job Category||Information Technology, Technology|