Dallas/Fort Worth Area
Remote – some visits to the office
Salary: $110k and 10% bonus component
Technology-driven financial services company, the role of IT Auditor/Data Analyst provides senior management and the board with assurance that the IT environment has adequate and effective controls implemented. The IT Auditor/Data Analyst is accountable for conducting Sarbanes-Oxley compliance testing, contributing to operational, compliance, and IT audit projects, and providing consulting services to the organization’s management.
The role is responsible for identifying technology risks, and independently evaluating the efficiency, design, and effectiveness of information technology controls, including cybersecurity controls.
The IT Auditor/Data Analyst will also employ data analytics techniques to provide insights and enhance the efficiency of internal audits, facilitate direct access to data, and support repeat as well as ad-hoc data analytics needs.
• Independently leads audits with support from the IT Audit Manager; prepares reports for board level and executive management audience.
• Contributes to development of the audit scope, objectives, and work programs for assignments, including planned internal IT audits and other projects; identifies processes to consider within audits, drafts planning documentation, identifies key controls, selects appropriate audit tests, executes test procedures, completes high quality audit working papers, identifies test exceptions and root causes, drafts audit findings, and drafts the audit report in accordance with departmental procedures.
• Performs walkthroughs with management and executes tests of IT general controls, application controls, and IPE for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
• Assists the Audit Data Analyst in implementation of a data analytics strategy.
• Queries and mines large data sets to identify patterns, examine operational and financial data, and filter for targeted information; develops reusable queries/scripts and solutions that can be leveraged by other Internal Audit staff on their audit projects.
• Provides input into the development of the annual audit plan and risk assessment, based on the results of continuous monitoring/data analytics.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
• BA/BS in technology (e.g., Computer Science or Management Information Systems) and/or business (e.g., Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Statistics).
• Combination of technology and business education and/or experience highly preferred.
• Masters or other advanced degree in related areas preferred
CISA, CISSP, and/or CISM or equivalent certification preferred (CPA and/or CIA are a strong plus)
• 5+ years of audit experience, with at least 3 years in IT Audit, in public accounting and/or audit departments for public companies, preferably gained within a regulated financial services environment
• 3+ years of experience in a data analysis role, preferably within or directly supporting an Internal Audit, Risk Management, Internal Controls or Compliance organization is a PREFERRED.
• Experience with data analytics tools, reporting tools (e.g., Cognos), visualization tools and languages (e.g., IDEA, ACL, Tableau, Python, R) is PREFERRED.
• Previous experience in analyzing business processes in a financial services environment.
• Knowledge of COBIT, ISO, and NIST frameworks.
• Experience auditing mainframe in a plus and Oracle and/or other ERP systems.
• High level of proficiency in information technology control concepts, information security, and systems development methodologies, preferred.
• Proven understanding of IT and business processes and internal controls.
• Advanced data analytics skills and experience with tools and techniques is highly preferred.
• Sophisticated understanding of data systems, data query (e.g., SQL) and data analytics techniques.
• Strong knowledge and applied experience in data access and extraction from databases and enterprise-wide information systems preferred (e.g., Data Warehouse, Oracle Financials).
• Demonstrated record of successful, high impact data analysis projects and outcomes, including creating reusable queries and scripts for data analysis.
• Knowledge of quantitative analytical or basic statistical skills (e.g., Correlation, Regression) and its application to data.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
• Demonstrated ability to handle ambiguity skillfully and apply judgment.
• Tact and diplomacy as well as ability to understand foreign cultures.
• Ability to work in a changing environment with multiple priorities.
• Good time management and organization skills.
• Interest in blockchain technology and other emerging technology risks.
Financial Services Industry experience preferred.
|Job Category||Banking & Finance, Finance, Operations, Regulation|