Python Engineer Reporting Services
As a Reporting Services Engineer, you will play a vital role building and automating company’s critical reporting needs. We are assembling a new team that will be the first customers of our next gen reporting platform, scaling it to meet our growing needs for visibility and advanced alerting. The next generation reporting platform will expand our reporting data universe from relational-only to event-streaming datasets, centralize the report generation, run pre-set and dynamic validations, record attestations, implement user-defined escalation and delegation, and facilitate team collaboration. As the leading customer, you will also play a pivotal role in shaping the design of the platform.
This is an ideal opportunity for an engineer who enjoys process analysis with a focus on automation, and has a passion for building user-friendly, scalable, robust, and secure reporting frameworks. Ideally the candidate also has experience building trading desk reports, regulatory and compliance reports for financial services institutions.
Joining the Reporting Services Team will put individuals in a position to be at the forefront of defining best practices, as well as building best of breed solutions for one of the world’s preeminent financial institutions.
• Develop, test, and help deploy and support a scalable solution for report generation, attestation, artifact managing, and testing
• Collaborate with Reporting Services and Reporting Platform and with the Business Controls and Trading Desks to develop support for a fully automated lifecycle for reports’ submission and response workflows
• Work with report developers on maintaining the consistency of development standards
• Assume responsibility for delivering reporting logic for Data Standard Order Lifecycle
• Build automated alerts and reporting to validate the effectiveness of the Firm’s trading controls. This includes utilization based repots for Risk Limits, monitoring reports for strategy behavior with respect to trading controls and validating core regulatory controls are met.
• Work with Trading and Front Office Technology to assess the impact of business changes on existing reporting functionality.
• Support the Quality Assurance team on integrating the report development into the state-of-the-art QA framework.
• Languages: SQL and Python is required, and C++ is a plus
• Experience in the full development life cycle of exception reports overseeing areas like trading activity (examples: best execution, potential market abuse, etc.)
• Experience with trading workflows, trading technologies, market structure and products
• A minimum of 4-6 years engineering experience related to large-scale reporting development
• Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience in using relational, non-relational, and streaming data for reporting
• Financial Services experience, with regulatory reporting experience highly preferred (e.g., OATS, CAT, MiFID II, etc)
• Strong communication, project management, and relationship-building skills to manage internal stakeholder relationships
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $800.00 to $900.00 /day
|Job Category||Banking, Finance, Technology|