Software Development Architect/Manager – SVP
Equity Technology – Equity Linked Products – Equity Derivatives and Synthetic Prime
Global investment banking firm has served companies and investors for many years. Headquartered in New York
and staff in over 30 global cities, the firm provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, institutional brokerage and securities research, and wealth and asset management. Also, provides research and execution services in equity, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures and commodities markets, and a full range of investment banking services including underwriting, merger, and acquisition, restructuring and recapitalization.
Looking for a hands-on Software Development Manager/Architect to lead the buildout and oversee a team of developers (around 5) tasked with re-designing and building of core platform infrastructure to their end-to-end multi-asset Equity Derivatives Trading and Risk platform.
Ideal candidate has a minimum bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science, as well as several years of experience in the field. We prefer candidates who come through the software development career track and have experience in a leadership position.
In this role, you will help design the core foundation of the system with cutting edge technology, hire new development staff, oversee each aspect of the development process, act as the liaison between your team and management and help people meet their potential. You should be well versed in best of breed caching, in memory database, messaging technologies and high- performance systems. You should be skilled in object-oriented programming languages such as C++ and C# .NET, (or Java experience might be considered), Databases/SQL, frameworks, and methodologies along with excellent technical and problem- solving skills. The candidate will need to remain hands on and close to the development team. Dependable, self-motivated, team and goal oriented, creative thinker, eager to deliver and drive success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and Implement best of breed technologies to re-position our existing platform for the future.
- Directly manage and lead development resources. Keep developers aligned with team goals and priorities.
- Participate in the hiring process and engagements for team members
- Partner with Peers, Product Owners and QA Leads to establish a technical product vision that enables and supports product feature roadmap and efficient product development approaches.
- Delegate technical responsibilities and report on progress to the Product teams and group management
- Review code and other technical documents produced during development to ensure quality and compliance with enterprise standards
- Responsible for overall quality of the code delivered by the development teams.
- Take accountability for progressing the technical vision of the product(s)
Requirements and Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in the industry including direct experience leading development teams as a technical manager
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery, test driven development
- Solid experience with best of breed caching, in memory database, messaging technologies and high-performance systems.
- Hands-on experience with modern software development languages
- Experience with managing live software product development teams in an enterprise-scale environment
- Proven track record establishing and measuring success of software development best practices across development teams
- Proven track record of managing the technical implementation of challenging, complex technical projects
|Job Category||Banking, Finance, Information Technology, Project Management, Technology|