Technical Business Analyst – Regulatory Reporting Services
As a technical business analyst for the Reporting Service team, you will work on projects related to regulatory reporting, compliance, and client reporting needs. Your role will define business and technical requirements for our next gen reporting platform, report re-write initiative, and reg reporting compliance. Report rewrite will include expanded trading workflows, reporting data universe from relational-only to event-streaming datasets, centralize the report generation, and enforce dynamic data quality validations and reconciliations.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who enjoys analyzing large dataset to solve the complex business problems and has a passion to drive project delivery starting business requirements, propose technical requirements and coordinate the implementation. While it is not mandatory, prior experience with python programming, building trading desk reports, regulatory and compliance reports for financial services institutions would be helpful.
Joining the Reporting Services Team will put individuals in a position to be at the forefront of defining best practices and, in working with the business, develop a strong understanding of trading workflows as well as how strategies perform. They will be able to build best of breed solutions for one of the world’s preeminent financial institutions.
• Collaborate with Business Controls, Legal and compliance and Trading Desks to define reporting requirements, make sure new tasks are clear and well documented.
• Assume responsibility for delivering reporting logic for global regulatory reporting such as CAT, MIFID II and FINRA, SEC regulation.
• Data analysis to identify technical requirements, document data mappings, test, and help support a scalable data warehouse and reporting solutions for generation, attestation.
• Partner with the Reporting Platform and development team to fully automate the reporting requirements, design data validation rules, trouble shoot rejects and reporting gaps.
• Work with Trading and Front Office Technology to assess the impact of business changes on transactional data.
• Support the Quality Assurance team on integrating the report development into the state-of-the-art QA framework.
• 3+ years of experience minimum.
• Experience working with trading desks, or legal and compliance, or product owners to gather product requirements, Prefer someone from the sell side, brokers, banks, exchanges.
• Experience to coordinate projects from requirement gathering to implementation.
• Business analysts /Data Analysts with experience in Trading systems, trading protocols such as FIX, trading workflows.
• Familiarity with various asset classes, i.e., equities, options, fixed income, etc.
• Experience documenting technical /data mapping requirements.
• Familiar with regulatory reporting (i.e., OATS, CAT, MIFID, TRACE is plus) and/or compliance regulations (i.e. Market Access, Short Sale, etc.)
• Familiar with Agile development, use of JIRA, confluence for project tracking and documentation.
• SQL is a must, ability to write simple to medium complexity queries.
• Python experience is a plus, not mandatory.
|Job Category||Finance, Information Technology, Regulation, Technology|